Join the soccer Santas on a run
IT WILL be a fun run with a difference when footballing Santas take to the street. Stevenage Borough Football Club and charity Leukaemia CARE are organising a special run to take place on Sunday, December 10. It will cover a 5km course starting at Boro s
IT WILL be a fun run with a difference when footballing Santas take to the street.
Stevenage Borough Football Club and charity Leukaemia CARE are organising a special run to take place on Sunday, December 10.
It will cover a 5km course starting at Boro's Broadhall Way ground, and runners of all ages and abilities are welcome, with one condition - they wear the Father Christmas costume provided as part of the entry fee.
Among the runners will be Stevenage Boro's first team squad and manager Mark Stimson will act as starter.
You may also want to watch:
The charity is asking runners to raise additional funds through sponsorship but there is no minimum sponsorship amount.
Stevenage Boro commercial manager Clive Abrey said: "Many people have been affected either directly or indirectly by the suffering that leukaemia can bring, especially to youngsters.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 3 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 6 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 7 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
"This is a way of helping to address the problem, to raise awareness of the disease and to highlight the fact that there are people out there desperately trying to find ways of reducing the problems associated with leukaemia.
"Leukaemia CARE does a fantastic job and we are honoured and proud to be helping them in our own little way."
The run will start at 11am, and follow a course around Fairlands Valley Park, finishing back at the Boro ground.
Anyone interested in entering, either as an individual or a team, can download details of the run, the entry form and a sponsorship sheet from www.run4leukaemia.org.uk
Information is also available by calling Leukaemia CARE on 0870 774 3667.