Join the scrum to buy Hitchin rugby club’s ladies’ 2017 naked calendar
- Credit: Archant
A ladies sports club that plays with odd-shaped balls has hit on a novel way to raise funds and awareness – a naked calendar.
The game-for-a-laugh girls from Hitchin Ladies Rugby Club have been busy performing naked line outs – purely for their artistic endeavours.
The 2017 calendar is available to buy at the club’s website for the bargain price of £10 for 23 bottoms – which works out at less than 50p per bottom!
Team member Claire Crompton told the Comet: “It’s meant to be an empowering, body confidence sort of thing.
“There was no photoshopping involved and all images include curves, cellulite – the lot.
You may also want to watch:
“All the ladies came away from the shoot feeling pretty confident. We’re certainly not supermodels, but we had fun and hopefully we can raise some money and the profile of women’s rugby. It all come about as a way of fundraising for the ladies team. We have managed to get a few sponsors on board as well which has pretty much paid for the printing.”
Businesses who have got involved in the project at the time of going to press include Holitas, Chilli Banana, L Smith Furniture, The Buryhill Clinic, Function Security Limited, The Millstream pub and Hermitage Rd Bar & Restauraunt.
- 1 Rave reviews come flying in as glam bar welcomes back first clients after months of lockdown
- 2 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 3 Who are our Stevenage candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 4 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 5 PE teachers to run seven marathons in seven days
- 6 Fun fair set for town centre following April 12 reopening
- 7 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 8 COVID-19 cases plummet in Stevenage and North Herts as restrictions ease
- 9 Resident calls for brighter street lights after 'shocking' fall leaves her seeking hospital treatment
- 10 Letchworth teachers begin six-day strike over pension scheme withdrawal