Join the petition to bring the FA Trophy to Wembley
ONE Boro fan is determined the top non-league cup competition will be coming back home in May. Darren Wells has started an online petition to get the final of this year s FA Trophy competition played at the new and improved Wembley. More than 1,000 footba
ONE Boro fan is determined the top non-league cup competition will be coming back home in May.
Darren Wells has started an online petition to get the final of this year's FA Trophy competition played at the new and improved Wembley.
More than 1,000 football fans from all over the country have already pledged their support since the petition was made available last Tuesday.
The 21-year-old said: "I have supported Stevenage all my life and recently came up with the idea of starting a petition online to try and get the FA to bring the final of this competition back to Wembley where it belongs."
You may also want to watch:
Recent Trophy finals have been played at Premiership grounds like Villa Park and Upton Park with Wembley out of use.
The FA has yet to announce which venue will host this year's final on Sunday, May 20.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
Darren (pictured above) added: "The idea of holding the final back at its old hunting ground must be something that cannot be ignored."
The link to the petition is: www.petitiononline.com/fatrophy/petition