Joel Byrom pleased with Beardsley and Cowan
Front pairing created the space in which the rest of us could play - Byrom
JOEL Byrom praised Stevenage’s front pairing of Chris Beardsley and Don Cowan for creating the space in which both he and midfield partner Michael Bostwick excelled in Monday’s win over Colchester United.
Byrom was one of six goalscorers – four of which were midfielders – on Monday, and Byrom said it was pleasing for the club to share the goals around.
“Don and Beardo did really well. They worked really hard,” Byrom told The Comet. “They pinned their two centre-backs back and it’s what we needed. They stretched the back and it gave me and Bozzie a bit more room to play with and it helped us to get forward and score the goals.
“I think Ronnie won the header [for my goal], and I stuck my leg out and got a touch on it and it just opened up for me and I went straight for goal.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve kept a lot of clean sheets recently, but our attacking game is always progressing and improving and we’ve scored some good goals today. It was good to share the goals. Six different goalscorers is good for the team.”
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 9 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 10 Stevenage 'miles better' but have to be more ruthless in front of goal says Revell