Jobs saved at Chicago’s in Stevenage after closure threat
- Credit: Archant
JOBS have been saved at a Stevenage nightclub and its future secured following a takeover.
Chicago Rock Café at Stevenage Leisure Park has been bought by the Chicago Group, a month after previous owner Atmosphere Bars and Clubs Limited went into administration.
Last week’s sale means three full-time and 30 part-time staff will keep their jobs.
The deal by the Chicago Group, an affiliate of Sun European Partners, also includes nine other Chicago’s nightclubs across the UK, although 14 other venues owned by Atmosphere Bars and Clubs Limited have closed.
Jo Dines, manager of Chicago Rock Café in Stevenage, said: “We are thrilled to be working with the new owners. It has saved the jobs of our team members, as well as ensuring a venue that has lots of loyal customers continues to thrive.
You may also want to watch:
“The new owners will be looking at ways to give our customers even better value, as well as putting some exciting entertainment on Saturday nights this summer. They also intend to invest in our venue going forwards, making sure Chicago’s Stevenage will continue to be the place for a great night out!”
• Are you pleased that Chicago Rock Café will remain open? Have your say by commenting below, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or tweeting @Journo_NickGill
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision