JLS’ on tour convertible up for auction
A CONVERTIBLE used by a chart-topping boyband during their latest tour will be put up for auction by a Letchworth GC business next month.
The special edition Ford Mustang has been opening popstars JLS’ Arena Tour during the last year, transporting the 2008 X Factor runners-up over the crowd and onto the stage while the foursome sing Outta This World.
With the tour due to finish at the end of January, Works Road-based Dream Machines, who modified the convertible Mustang especially for the show, will now put the car up for auction to the highest bidder.
A percentage of the sale will go to the BBC’s Children in Need charity appeal, which JLS released their single Love You More to raise money for.
Mark Hemming, sales director for Dream Machines, said: “We’re a specialist car company and we do quite a lot of work in and around London so they were looking for a customised car for the show and contacted us.
You may also want to watch:
“The car was specially designed and modified by us for the guys to make it lighter.
“Originally it was owned by Nokia and used for promoting their blue Mustang phone range up until 2009, so it’s been all over the world.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 9 'Black history should be celebrated every month, not just in October'
- 10 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
About the auction itself, Mr Hemming added: “The JLS boys are touring until January 29 and then after that it will be coming back to us to be put up for auction.
“The lads have been supporting Children in Need with a single so we thought it was prudent to donate a percentage of the auction price to the charity.”
Bids for the 2006 model, which includes a blue customised interior, can be placed from February 14 on Ebay or by calling the quality used-car company on 01462 488320.