Jamie Fielding adapting to the professional game as he looks to develop further with Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Jamie Fielding says he has found his eyes well and truly opened after his initial months at Stevenage.
The 20-year-old defender joined Boro in May from Hastings United and has spent the last two months with National League South St Albans City in order to get some much-needed game time.
But moving from part-time football to the professional ranks was not what he expected.
"It's been tough, just adapting to professional football from playing part-time," he said. "It does take time to adapt and I've realised that.
"In my head I was going to come in and smash it and it hasn't worked out that way.
You may also want to watch:
"But it's a test for me and I am more than happy to keep playing and keep working at it so I can get there one day."
And he also believes Graham Westley can lead the Lamex-based side to safety.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 9 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 10 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
Fielding said: "He's come in and been really positive around the players and he can definitely be the one to getting us going forward with all of his experience."