James Dunne linked with move to St Johnstone
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage midfielder was linked with Celtic last year but could be about to join their Scottish Premiership rivals
James Dunne could be about to join St Johnstone on loan, according to reports.
The midfielder, Stevenage’s Player of the Year last season, was made available for transfer earlier this month.
The 24-year-old signed from Exeter in the summer of 2012 for an initial fee of £75,000 plus a further £25,000 after 30 matches and the same amount after 60 games.
Dunne, who was linked with moves to Celtic and Bristol City last year, has made 184 appearances in League 1, including 59 for Stevenage.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere at the club, Dani Lopez has returned to Barnet on loan until the end of the season.
The striker had a spell at the Hive earlier this campaign when he scored one goal in eight matches.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go