Jail for man who sexually assaulted teenage girl
A MAN from Offley who sexually assaulted a 13 year old girl has been jailed for 14 months.
Terance Fowler, 67, assaulted the girl in May of last year. He was convicted at Luton Crown Court on Tuesday (October 19).
Detective Constable Maria Ling, who investigated the case, said:
“Not only did this man sexually assault a young girl, he denied his crime and made the young girl go through the harrowing ordeal of giving evidence. Before the case came to court, he also started a campaign against his victim claiming his innocence.
“The victim was extremely brave to go to court and her bravery has been recognised with an award from the charity Child Victims of Crime.
You may also want to watch:
“Reporting these incidents is extremely important and I hope that this young girl’s bravery will encourage other victims to report any such incidents.
“This young girl has been through so much and I hope that this prison term will help her rebuild her life.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years