Jackett: Stevenage postponement was a ‘body blow’
- Credit: Kevin Coleman
“You’re thinking all sorts of conspiracy theories... but probably it was just a lot of rain” says Wolves boss
Kenny Jackett has said Saturday’s postponement at Stevenage was a ‘body blow’.
Wolves’ game at Boro was called off on Friday due to a waterlogged Lamex Stadium pitch, with the new date for the match yet to be confirmed although Jackett did say that it could be April.
Speaking about the postponement, Jackett told the Birmingham Mail: “It was a body blow to me personally on Friday; I could see the game slipping away from me and it was a horrible feeling over the weekend.
“But Luton’s game was also off, which is just up the road from Stevenage, and there were a lot of games off in the south-east area – Colchester, Brentford, Aldershot.
You may also want to watch:
“By Saturday or Sunday it is what it is – the game is off and that’s it, there’s nothing you can do about it.
“In your mind and in my position, you’re thinking all sorts of conspiracy theories behind your back – but probably it was just a lot of rain!”
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn