Jack Wilshere swings into action for Our Patch
Sporting stars swung into action at a celebrity golf day to help disadvantaged young people in Comet country.
Hitchin’s England and Arsenal star Jack Wilshere was joined by Sky Sports presenter Chris Kamara and former Tottenham and Newcastle players Steve Sedgley and Rob Lee at Chesfield Downs Golf Club on Friday to raise funds for Our Patch.
The Gunners midfielder is patron of the new charity, launched last month to help children with emotional, behavioral and social skills difficulties in North Herts and Stevenage.
Our Patch fundraiser Maggie Hackney said the charity will provide educational days out for children excluded from secondary education who are attending the North Herts Educational Support Centres in Hitchin and Letchworth GC. The project also aims to raise enough money to build sporting and drama facilities.
“Everybody deserves a second chance, and with help we can get the best out of these children,” she added.
You may also want to watch:
The event raised over �3,000 thanks to sponsorship from businesses and golfers who joined the celebrities.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 7 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision