Hitchin chicken shop up for Best Takeaway award
- Credit: Archant
A Hitchin chicken takeaway has been announced as a finalist in the British Takeaway awards for the South East.
A Hitchin chicken takeaway has been announced as a finalist in the British Takeaway awards.
J’s Grill in Cambridge Road has been revealed as one of the 2018 finalists for Best Takeaway in the South East.
The chicken shop is in the running along with take-out retailers in Dunstable, Maidstone, Aylesbury and Winchester.
The BTAs run is association with Just Eat, and celebrate the small and often family run businesses that serve us our favourite takeaways.
You may also want to watch:
The five finalists were selected via a public vote.
To determine a regional winner, the finalists will now be marked on a mystery shop and will provide a written submission on why they deserve to win.
- 1 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Police hunt wanted man in connection with assault and harassment
- 3 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 4 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 5 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 6 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 7 Aerial acrobatics show to be performed in the heart of Stevenage town centre
- 8 Fraudster to repay victim £87k more than decade after conviction
- 9 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 10 Primary school's Early Years team achieves award for quality standards
A panel of judges – which includes Dragon’s Den star Sarah Willingham and managing director of Just Eat Graham Corfield – will review the results and identify 12 regional winners, and overall victor for Best Takeaway in Britain.
The winner will be announced at an awards ceremony at The Savoy in London next month.