Hitchin chicken shop up for Best Takeaway award
- Credit: Archant
A Hitchin chicken takeaway has been announced as a finalist in the British Takeaway awards for the South East.
A Hitchin chicken takeaway has been announced as a finalist in the British Takeaway awards.
J’s Grill in Cambridge Road has been revealed as one of the 2018 finalists for Best Takeaway in the South East.
The chicken shop is in the running along with take-out retailers in Dunstable, Maidstone, Aylesbury and Winchester.
The BTAs run is association with Just Eat, and celebrate the small and often family run businesses that serve us our favourite takeaways.
You may also want to watch:
The five finalists were selected via a public vote.
To determine a regional winner, the finalists will now be marked on a mystery shop and will provide a written submission on why they deserve to win.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
A panel of judges – which includes Dragon’s Den star Sarah Willingham and managing director of Just Eat Graham Corfield – will review the results and identify 12 regional winners, and overall victor for Best Takeaway in Britain.
The winner will be announced at an awards ceremony at The Savoy in London next month.