Items believed stolen from Hitchin residents recovered
- Credit: Archant
A NUMBER of valuable items believed to have been stolen from an area hit by a spate of crime have been discovered.
Police recovered a number of items after executing a warrant at an address in Hitchin on April 11.
It is believed the items were stolen from vehicles in the Coleridge Close area of the town between April 1 and 11.
Property recovered includes laptops, tools and mobile phones.
It follows a story by the Comet earlier this month, in which residents claimed crime had increased in the area since Herts County Council implemented its part-night lighting scheme.
You may also want to watch:
Maurice Burton, who is investigating, said: “I am particularly keen to hear from local people who may have had their vehicles broken into but haven’t contacted police yet.
“I would also appeal to anyone else who has been a victim of this crime in the area to call in as we are keen to reunite people with their property.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 10 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
A 30-year-old man from Foxton, an 18-year-old man from Hitchin and an 18-year-old woman from Hitchin have been arrested on suspicion of theft and have been bailed to return to Stevenage Police station on May 11.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Herts Police non-emergency number 101.