It’s your choice on May 6th
The announcement has been made. The date set. Gordon Brown has confirmed that the General Election will take place on Thursday May 6th. Sharon Taylor, the Labour and Cooperative Candidate welcomed the news and made it clear that voters in Stevenage have
The announcement has been made. The date set. Gordon Brown has confirmed that the General Election will take place on Thursday May 6th.
Sharon Taylor, the Labour and Cooperative Candidate welcomed the news and made it clear that voters in Stevenage have a real choice - between a future fair for all with Labour and an uncertain one under the Conservatives.
"This election is a chance for people in Stevenage to have their say on the future of our town and our country. It's a choice between a Labour Government committed to securing the recovery and protecting front line services. Or the Tories, who will stifle growth by cutting too soon and too deep - with unfunded tax cuts and promises to the wealthiest few without saying who will pay the price.
You may also want to watch:
"I've been speaking to many local people and, more importantly, listening to what they have to say. The message is clear. People want to see the economy recover, front line services protected and a future which is fair to families, pensioners and young people.
"These are my priorities too and I'll be out campaigning until polling day, urging as many people as possible to take another look at Labour and a long hard look at the Tories.
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home