It’s the £64,000 question: how will charity spend cash raised by estate agency teams across Herts and Beds?
- Credit: Archant
Staff at an estate agency group who have continued their support of a leading cancer charity for a second year are celebrating a tremendous total.
Country Properties – which has its head office in Baldock and is also represented in the town as well as in Hitchin, Kimpton, Knebworth, Letchworth, Melbourn, Royston, Shefford, Stevenage and Stotfold – operates from 24 offices across three counties.
And their fundraising efforts over the past two years for Macmillan Cancer Support have raised more than £64,000 – enough to fund a Macmillan nurse for 14 months.
Staff originally decided to support Macmillan as the charity’s new cancer centre at Stevenage’s Lister Hospital was taking shape.
The group’s Ian Wilson said: “We are very proud to have been able to support such a worthy cause and raise a fantastic amount over the last two years by holding various events across our network and also by donating £10 for every ‘For Sale’ or ‘To Let’ board erected.”
You may also want to watch:
Ian and many other staff have tackled personal challenges, too, including the 24-hour Three Peaks Challenge and the inaugural Macmillan Lido Challenge event held at Letchworth Outdoor Pool in September.
Macmillan says the giant donation could be used in many ways. It could fund a nurse for 14 months, pay for 20 Macmillan info pods providing people with information when they are scared and need help, or support a rural physical activity scheme for four years helping people get the advice and support they need to help them get fitter and healthier.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 4 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 7 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 10 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
Hertfordshire fundraising manager Kerry Cunnane said: “This is a huge amount of money and we have had a fantastic time working alongside staff at Country Properties.
“This much money will make a huge difference to the lives of people affected by cancer.
“Without the help and support of companies like Country Properties we wouldn’t be able to fund the services that we do and help people when they need it the most.”
To find out more about supporting Macmillan call 0300 1000 200 or email email@example.com.