It’s party time!
THE showers in between the sunshine failed to dampen the spirits of those who enjoyed the Party on, Potton weekend. Events were held throughout the village starting with a family disco on Friday night and ending on Monday evening. Saturday was carnival ti
THE showers in between the sunshine failed to dampen the spirits of those who enjoyed the Party on, Potton weekend.
Events were held throughout the village starting with a family disco on Friday night and ending on Monday evening.
Saturday was carnival time with colourful floats drifting through the town reflecting many local organisations.
The prize for the best float was won by Potton Vineyard.
You may also want to watch:
The carnival was followed by a fancy dress competition, rugby tournament and dog show that attracted 42 four-legged entrants.
In the evening it was time for more dancing in the marquee to the music of Sounds Express, the German big band from Potton's twin town Langenlonsheim.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 4 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 5 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 6 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 7 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'
Sunday saw a combined church service attended by over 200 people and while eating picnics in the park the crowds were entertained by local young singers and musicians organised by Karen Brown.
Another great evening of dancing followed with a Grease theme.
Monday started with a chance to get a breath of fresh air with a walk around Potton guided by local historians.
The annual soap box derby attracted more entrants than ever before and the four-day event ended with a Stars in Your Eyes and performances from David Bowie, Pink and Sheryl Crow, among a number of amazing artists.
Potton certainly showed how they can party and they are already planning for the event again in 2008.