‘It’s just about being bolder and standing up for our sausages’ – Stevenage father’s rights campaigner launches range of viagra sausages to raise awareness
- Credit: Archant
A range of sausages containing viagra has been launched in a bid to raise awareness of a “public health emergency facing men”.
Stevenage’s Bobby Smith, an active member of Fathers 4 Justice, is one of the faces behind the Save Our Sausages campaign, which aims to cook up awareness surrounding men’s health issues.
Bobby, 34, is no stranger to rooftop protests as he strives for a change to family law after he says he has been treated unfairly by the courts and denied proper access to his two young daughters since 2010.
Now his fight for men has taken a new twist. October is National Sausage Month and Bobby and Fathers 4 Justice founder Matt O’Connor have launched the SOS Viagra Sausages, which are made to a special recipe which includes natural viagra - L’Arginine, Horny Goat Weed and ginseng.
They are a humourous way of addressing deadly serious issues like depression, suicide, low testosterone and cancer in men.
You may also want to watch:
Suicide is the biggest killer of men under 45 in the UK, 40 per cent of domestic violence victims are male, and dads are three times more likely to die after separation than mothers.
Bobby said: “It’s to raise awareness of what men go through. Male rape and domestic violence victims don’t get the same support as females do.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
“It goes hand in hand with men not treated as equals in the family courts.
“It’s just about being bolder and standing up for our sausages. It’s doing something different to raise awareness.”
Matt said: “As a father of three boys I am deeply concerned about the public health emergency facing men.
“Now is the time to do something about it, and to do something with humour, to help more people open up and talk.
“I hope our sausages will give people food for thought and help men break the wall of silence around these issues.”
All proceeds will be donated to men’s health charities, including Combat Stress and testicular cancer charity Checkemlads.
The SOS Viagra Sausages are available at The Butchery in London’s Forest Hill, priced at £4.99 for a pack of six.