It’s high tea
A DINNER party with a big difference was held on Monday. It took the culinary experience to new heights. Jenny Kershaw (pictured, left) from Letchworth GC-based charity the MS Trust was among those who launched its My Supper for MS fundraising initiative
A DINNER party with a big difference was held on Monday. It took the culinary experience to new heights.
Jenny Kershaw (pictured, left) from Letchworth GC-based charity the MS Trust was among those who launched its My Supper for MS fundraising initiative with a stunning dinner party held on Helvellyn in the Lake District.
The dramatic location provided the perfect backdrop for the sumptuous meal, with the diners getting to the summit by an RAF Griffin helicopter.
Jenny joined the charity's fundraising team as manager in 2003, and has been involved with everything from Christmas cards to parachute jumps, and now dinners on top of mountains.
You may also want to watch:
She hopes that many people will organise dinner parties - simple or elaborate - in aid of the charity.
Serving RAF helicopter pilot and Helvellyn My Supper For MS diner Mike Laver, who was diagnosed with MS last year, said: "The MS Trust do absolutely fantastic work for people with multiple sclerosis, and provide valuable information and support to both them and their families."
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 4 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 5 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 6 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'
Free dinner party host packs, including invitations and recipes provided by celebrity chef, Steven Saunders, are available by calling the MS Trust, and can be downloaded from the MS Trust's website www.mstrust.org.uk/supper