IT’S BACK! RILEYS HUNT FOR UK’S FASTEST POOL PLAYER
Winner goes on three-day trip to F1 European Grand Prix The Rileys All Star Pool Challenge – to find the fastest pool player in the country – is back. John Burt, from Watford, Herts, won the first Challenge by clearing an English pool table, finishing
Winner goes on three-day trip
to F1 European Grand Prix
The Rileys All Star Pool Challenge - to find the fastest pool player in the country - is back.
John Burt, from Watford, Herts, won the first Challenge by clearing an English pool table, finishing on the black ball, in an astonishing 29.09 secs!
The new All Star Pool Challenge launches tomorrow - Friday November 13 - at Rileys clubs up and down the country.
And it's FREE to enter!
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 10 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
You can take the Challenge - any Friday, Saturday or Sunday from 4.00pm to 9.00pm - at the Rileys club nearest you.
Find them at www.rileys.co.uk
Stay on the pace by tuning in to the country's top sports radio station, talkSPORT, where presenter Andy Goldstein will be pumping out all the latest Challenge news and fastest times.
EVERY week there will celebrity times to beat to win prizes in the new free-to-enter Challenge.
Win a prize this week (commencing Friday November 13) if you:
* Beat the clearance time of 2 mins 26 secs put up by talkSPORT presenter and former England cricket hero Darren Gough
* Beat the clearance time of 1 min 6 secs put up by Rileys Ambassador and snooker legend Ronnie O'Sullivan
Other leading talkSPORT stars and celebs like ex-footballers Andy Townsend and Stan Collymore will put up times for you to beat in the weeks to come.
At the end of the four-week competition, a Rileys All Star Pool Challenge Trophy and �100 will go to the fastest players in the following categories:
* Fastest Female
* Fastest Over 50
* Fastest Under-18
* Fastest Student
All the Challenges are monitored by Rileys referees.
Rileys are claiming reigning Challenge champion John Burt's clearance time of 29.09 secs as the Unofficial World Record on an English pool table finishing on the black ball.
Cue ace John, 21, is now off to Las Vegas with a mate on an all-expenses paid luxury holiday. He says: "I think I can clear a table faster!"
You could be going with a mate on a three-day trip to watch the fastest drivers in the world at next year's F1 European Grand Prix in Valencia on Sunday June 27 2010.
So what are you waiting for?