It’s a knockout way to support North Herts hospice – but only 20 teams can line up for Stevenage event
- Credit: Archant
Fundraisers at the Garden House Hospice have come up with a knockout idea to help celebrate its 25th year – and put some cash in the coffers at the same time.
They’re reviving the whacky games contest It’s A Knockout, watched by millions on TV during its heyday in 1960s and 1970s, and calling on squads of fit fun-seekers to get involved.
The big event in aid of the Letchworth-based hospice, which provides services to families all over North Herts, will be held on Sunday, June 7, at the Marriotts School and Sports Centre in Stevenage.
Organiser Cathy White said: “2015 is our 25th Anniversary year and we could not survive without the support we receive from the local community.
“We wanted to arrange a fun event which would give something back, and It’s A Knockout does just that.
You may also want to watch:
“It is open to anyone over the age of 18 and offers a fabulous team building experience for any local business or community group.
“They will be able to take part at a fraction of the cost of corporate team building days and our event aims to unite everyone from all sectors of our community. ”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 7 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 8 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
Teams who get involved are promised a splashing time with fun games involving inflatables, fancy dress costumes and lots of water and foam on the cards.
There’s only space for 20 teams to take part, and organisers say it’s first come, first served.
To find out more, contact Cathy White on 01462 679540 or check out the website at www.ghhospice.co.uk.