It is a perfect 10 for Stevenage as debutants make their mark
- Credit: Archant
Only Shrewsbury Town had more players making their debut in leagues 1 and 2 at the weekend
Stevenage had 10 players make their debuts on Saturday – the joint second most of any club in League 1 and 2.
Boro had eight new players start the match, a 1-0 win against Hartlepool United, while another two came off the bench.
In the bottom two divisions of the Football League, only Shrewsbury Town (11) had more, while Crawley Town’s number of debutants was the same as Boro’s.
Stevenage’s eight starters were: Sam Beasant, Dean Wells, Harry Worley, Chris Whelpdale, Andy Bond, Charlie Lee, Tom Pett and Adam Marriott. Coming off the bench were Connor Calcutt and Jerome Okimo, who were both announced as new signings on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Sky Bet League 1
Barnsley 8 debutants; Bradford City 5; Bristol City 5; Chesterfield 2; Colchester United 4; Coventry City 8; Crawley Town 10; Crewe Alexandra 2; Doncaster Rovers 4; Fleetwood Town 2; Gillingham 7; Leyton Orient 6; MK Dons 5; Notts County 7; Oldham Athletic 6; Peterborough United 3; Port Vale 6; Preston NE 3; Rochdale 1; Scunthorpe United 4; Sheffield United 6; Swindon Town 3; Walsall 4; Yeovil Town 7.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 7 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 10 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
Sky Bet League 2
Accrington Stanley 2; AFC Wimbledon 8; Burton Albion 5; Bury 4; Cambridge United 4; Carlisle United 6; Cheltenham Town 5; Dagenham and Redbridge 6; Exeter City 0; Hartlepool United 4; Luton Town 3; Mansfield Town 5; Morecambe 2; Newport County 3; Northampton Town 4; Oxford United 6; Plymouth Argyle 6; Portsmouth 5; Shrewsbury Town 11; Southend United 4; Stevenage 10; Tranmere Rovers 6; Wycombe Wanderers 4; York City 6.