Iron Maiden and Alice Cooper to headline Sonisphere 2010
HEAVY metal legends Iron Maiden have been confirmed to headline the 2010 Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth. The three-day music extravaganza will take place over the weekend of July 30, 31 and August 1. Alice Cooper – the legendary godfather of theatrical
HEAVY metal legends Iron Maiden have been confirmed to headline the 2010 Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth.
The three-day music extravaganza will take place over the weekend of July 30, 31 and August 1.
Alice Cooper - the legendary godfather of theatrical rock - will make his only UK festival performance of 2010 and headline the third day.
Sonisphere will also feature German metal stalwarts Rammstein as headliners.
Iron Maiden - who will also be making their only UK appearance of 2010 at Sonisphere - are the biggest selling British metal band of all time, having sold in excess of 80 million records worldwide since they formed in 1975.
Lead singer Bruce Dickinson said: "Knebworth has been the home of so many legendary concerts going back many years. It really will be a privilege to play there."
- 1 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 2 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 3 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 4 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
- 5 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 6 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
- 7 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 8 Permanent parking loss if outdoor seating plans approved
- 9 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 10 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
He added: "We enjoy the camaraderie of playing great festivals and are very much looking forward to getting back out to do some shows next summer and, as it will be over two years since we played the UK, we will certainly be looking to deliver a memorable and spectacular night for our fans!"
A statement from Rammstein said: "The great support that we've experienced from the UK fans has been beyond anything we expected.
"This will be the first time that Rammstein has appeared at a festival in the UK and we are looking forward to putting on a show that no one will ever forget!"
Other groups confirmed for Sonisphere include Anthrax, The Cult, Motley Crue, Iggy & The Stooges, and Slayer.
They will all be making their only UK festival appearances of the year at Knebworth.
Tickets for Sonisphere went on sale last night (Wednesday).
Full weekend tickets, including camping, cost �157.50 with no booking fee, and are available from www.sonispherefestivals.com
As a special Christmas present, the first several thousand tickets paid for in full will come with a free ticket for the new Sonisphere in Poland.