Investigation launched after damage to Hitchin school
- Credit: Archant
AN INVESTIGATION has been launched after a school playground was damaged during the summer holidays.
Hitchin police are investigating the damage at Our Lady Catholic School in Hitchin.
It follows fire crews being called to the Old Hale Way school on Friday evening, when bins in the playground were ablaze.
Firefighters from Hitchin attended and dealt with the fire by 10.03pm. Its cause was listed as deliberate or doubtful.
Police, who said the bins and playground tarmac was damaged as a result, found alcoholic drinks and bottles at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
They have asked anyone with information to call the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference G1/13/1615.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision