Investigation into benefits administration
A FRAUD team is investigating the administration of housing benefits by Stevenage Borough Council. The Benefit Fraud Inspectorate will examine authorities which are taking longer than average to process claims. Stevenage s executive councillor for resour
A FRAUD team is investigating the administration of housing benefits by Stevenage Borough Council.
The Benefit Fraud Inspectorate will examine authorities which are taking longer than average to process claims.
Stevenage's executive councillor for resources Sharon Taylor said: "We have no objection to an inspection from the Department for Work and Pensions, however to claim that Stevenage's housing benefit performance is under-performing is simply untrue.
"In fact, over the last three months, our performance is amongst the best.
You may also want to watch:
"We regret the dip in performance following the implementation of the new IT system, however our staff have worked hard to turn this around and there have been significant improvements in the last six months alone.
"We expect to continue improving this year as more processes are streamlined.
- 1 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 2 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 3 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
- 4 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 5 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 8 Stevenage happy with performance and result against 10-man Crystal Palace
- 9 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 10 £50 supermarket vouchers available to help families entitled to free school meals