INTERVIEW: Graham Westley on Chesterfield
Stevenage manager looking to take all three points from Chesterfield today
Stevenage manager Graham Westley says his side has a ‘great chance’ of getting a result at Chesterfield today.
Boro ran John Sheridan’s team close at the B2net Stadium in January before losing to a Drew Talbot strike, but Westley says his side has improved since that encounter and believes Boro have a good opportunity of taking at least a point from last season’s npower League 2 champions when the two sides meet this afternoon.
“(They are) a slightly different side as they’ve lost their top scorer in (Craig) Davies, but nonetheless they went up as champions and went up as champions for a reason,” Westley said.
“They’ve got a great home record and it’s a difficult place to go to as we found out last year, but we put in a good performance up there last year. We lost 1-0 but on the day we could easily have got something out of the game.
You may also want to watch:
“And I think we’re a better side now, and that we’re taking our new form and new ways into the game and the fact that they’ve lost one or two gives us a great chance. We’d love to go there and win. It’d be a fantastic three points to get.
“We’re going there in confident mood, in a determined mood. We’d love to get our first three points of the season on board and if we can do it’ll be a great weekend.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 9 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit