INTERVIEW: Gabz Gardiner’s dad on Britain’s Got Talent final preparations
- Credit: Ken McKay
THE father of Gabz Gardiner has said he has been trying to keep his daughter’s feet on the ground ahead of the Britain’s Got Talent final tonight (Saturday).
Noel Gardiner said it’s been business as normal for the Stevenage teenager who attended St Hugh and St John’s Church at the weekend and has spent this week being taught at The Nobel School.
The 14-year-old singer-songwriter swaps the classroom for the stage tonight though as she performs live on the ITV talent contest, which will be watched by millions of TV viewers from 7.30pm.
Speaking to the Comet ahead of the show, Noel, who will be watching in the audience, said: “We’ve known for quite a while that she was through to the semi-final but we have had to keep it a secret, and now it’s all gone a bit crazy really. She went to church at the weekend and has been back to school as normal this week so we’re just trying to keep her feet on the ground. It’s about trying to keep things as normal as we can.”
Noel, who lives in Chells with Gabz, his wife Greta and 12-year-old son Courtney, added: “Her song writing has been amazing, I’ve cried when I’ve heard some of her songs which are absolutely beautiful.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve been amazed at how catchy they are but I’m her dad so it’s like what do I know – it’s great that other people think the same.”
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket