Internationally renowned artist Fabian Perez makes Baldock beauty his latest muse
- Credit: Archant
A Baldock shop manager has become the unlikely subject of an acclaimed international artist.
Award winning artist Fabian Perez first cast eyes on Sally Liddle when her art gallery hosted a VIP event in May.
He was so overwhelmed by her beauty, he commissioned a series of paintings of her.
The English Rose collection – in reference to Sally’s blond hair and pale skin – is a step away from the Argentine artist’s usual work. Fabian is famed for his brooding figurative portraits of Latin American dancers.
Fabian said: “I have recently been inspired to paint a series of works around a woman I met in England who had a particular kind of European beauty, which is different from the darker, more sultry looks of my compatriots.”
You may also want to watch:
Sally was flown over to Fabian’s home in Los Angeles where she modelled for the first time in her life.
Sally, manager at Gallery 1066 on Hitchin Street, said: “This whole journey has been surreal and I still can’t quite believe the magnitude of what has happened.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 4 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 7 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 10 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
“Fabian completely put me at ease and made me feel welcome with his colleagues and family in Hollywood.
“I really didn’t know how he would portray me on canvas and I am over the moon with the results.”
The limited edition collection is being showcased at Gallery 1066, 6A Hitchin Street, Baldock.