Inspirational Hitchin teacher Tessa hopes her marathon efforts shows pupils they can overcome obstacles
- Credit: Archant
Wilshere-Dacre Junior Academy’s popular teacher Tessa Alexander completed the marathon with the cheers of well-wishers ringing in her ears, as she proved an inspiration to the pupils she teaches at the school on Fishponds Road in Hitchin.
She completed the gruelling course in 6:03:45 raising more than £900 for the NSPCC.
Brave Tessa said: “Running is great for your mental health and this was kind of my theme for taking part.
“I didn’t think I could do it on top of all the pressures life throws our way. However, I quietly got on with the training, not really daring to believe I could do this.
“It’s been truly a blessing.
You may also want to watch:
“I also ran the marathon for all the children I have had the privilege of teaching and helping through their difficult times.
“And for my beautiful, funny, crazy daughters – the only obstacles in our paths are the ones we build ourselves.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
“It takes some of us longer than others to get to that finish line – but we all get there in the end.
“It was a brilliant experience – and if I can do it anyone can!”
It’s not too late to sponsor the inspirational Tessa – visit www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Tessa-Alexander.