INS celebrates 10 years of supporting Stevenage community in style with gala dance and buffet
- Credit: Archant
Irish Network Stevenage is set to celebrate its 10-year anniversary with a special gala, dance and a buffet.
The birthday event will take place at the Holiday Inn in Stevenage from 7pm until midnight on Friday, September 29.
INS has been supporting the Irish community and older people in Stevenage and surronding areas for the past 10 years, and the event celebrates this important role.
The party is open to both members and non-members, as a way of commemorating the life-changing work INS provides for the elderly and vulnerable in our area.
Luke Donovan, chair of INS said: “I am so proud of how far we have come and the dedicated level of support we offer to our older community.
You may also want to watch:
“Also, I am thrilled to say that we will be celebrating this year, 10 years of the INS.”
The Bedwell-based charity is consistently growing. It was formed in 2007 as a way of addressing the needs of the older Irish population, and it become apparant that these needs were applicable to the older generation throughout Stevenage.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
A main goal for the charity is to assist all older people to continue living independently in their own homes and to help combat social isolation among the elderly and vulnerable people.
Project administrator at INS, Karen Thorman told the Comet: “We take great pride in the amount of support we provide, which we could not do without our wonderful volunteers.
“We intend to continue to provide this support for many years to come and are constantly looking at new ways to help the most vulnerable members of our community.”
The charity focuses on hosting social and cultural activities, which includes providing weekly one-to-one IT workshops and they also have gentle excerise classes, to name a few.
Members also get the chance to take part in a number of activities and clubs which include a men’s club, bingo sessions, afternoon social with music and dancing, a tea dance afternoon and film club.
To purchase tickets for the dance and buffet event call 01438 725400. Tickets are £12 for members, and £17 for non-members, and can be bought up until the day of the event.
For further information call 01438 725400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.