Inquest opened into death of 75-year-old man at Stevenage lake
- Credit: Archant
An inquest has been opened after the body of a man was found in the lake at Fairlands Valley Park on Thursday.
Hertfordshire Coroner’s Court opened an investigation into the death of Dennis Buckley earlier today, and listed the immediate cause of death as drowning and an enlarged heart caused by atherosclerosis of the coronary artery.
A full inquest will be heard in due course.
Police were called to the lake on Thursday after reports a body had been found in the water.
They carried out a full investigation but said they did not believe the death to be suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
Next of kin have been informed.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn