INJURY latest: Midfielder expected back in training next week
- Credit: Archant
Dave McAllister and Calvin Zola are both closing in on a return to first team
Stevenage hope to have Dave McAllister back in training next week.
The midfielder, who signed for the club in January after being released by Shrewsbury Town, has been out of action since the beginning of February with a number of groin problems.
He initially suffered a tear to his abductor tendon, before suffering a strain on his resumption to training.
Calvin Zola, whose last game for Boro was as a substitute against Southend United in late February, is also expected to be back in full training next week.
You may also want to watch:
The summer signing from Aberdeen has been suffering from ‘chronic back and hamstring problems’ and spent a spell in rehabilitation at St George’s Park, the FA’s national football centre, last week.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn