‘Injuries likely to be life-changing’ – Police confirm stabbing and appeal for witnesses after serious late-night assault in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
Police have confirmed a serious assault in Hitchin on Friday night was a stabbing ‘likely to have a life-changing impact’ on the victim – and have now appealed for witnesses.
The stabbing happened near the corner of Fishponds Road and Bunyan Road shortly before 2am on Saturday morning.
A man in his 30s suffered stab wounds a police spokesman initially described as ‘life-threatening’, and remains in hospital in a serious but stable condition.
No arrests have been made yet, and detectives from the North Herts local crime unit are continuing to investigate.
Det Insp Gerry Harrison said: “The victim has suffered serious injuries which are likely to have a life-changing impact on him. We are working hard to establish what has happened and find those responsible.
You may also want to watch:
“I would appeal again to anyone who believes they have may have information about this incident to contact us as soon as possible.
“The information you have could prove to be vital to help us understand the circumstances of this serious assault.”
Anyone with information should contact police on 101. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or use their anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal