Injured Stevenage man takes on ultimate challenge
A MAN who has spent years recovering from a crippling catalogue of sports injuries will attempt to climb three of the UK s highest mountains in 24 hours for charity. Nicolas Barrow, of Lapwing Rise in Stevenage, is a chronic lumbago sufferer. In September
A MAN who has spent years recovering from a crippling catalogue of sports injuries will attempt to climb three of the UK's highest mountains in 24 hours for charity.
Nicolas Barrow, of Lapwing Rise in Stevenage, is a chronic lumbago sufferer.
In September, the 37-year-old will attempt to climb Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon.
He will be raising money for Cancer Research UK, the NSPCC, the RSPCA and the RNLI Lifeboats.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Barrow said: "I have always wanted to get involved in charity work, but for the past several years I have been eating pain killers like Smarties.
"I got through everything through gritted pain and determination, so as not to let anyone down, when secretly the agony was crippling.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 6 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
"I have changed my whole life around which has meant the past two years I have slowly recovered, though I still suffer constant backache."
He says he is raising money for the four charities because they mean a lot to him, his family and friends.
"More than one in five people need these charities, and without our help they wouldn't survive," Mr Barrow explained.
"All donations are very welcome, regardless of how large or small. Every penny counts."
To sponsor Mr Barrow, visit www.sponsor-me.org/24hr3peakchallenge