Initiative to benefit tenants and landlords
LANDLORDS are being asked to give their opinions on a new initiative which will provide them with a series of benefits. North Herts District Council is launching a deposit guarantee scheme later this year to help people who can t afford a deposit on a ren
LANDLORDS are being asked to give their opinions on a new initiative which will provide them with a series of benefits.
North Herts District Council is launching a deposit guarantee scheme later this year to help people who can't afford a deposit on a rented house as well as the landlords themselves.
Under the scheme, the council will give landlords a guarantee of payment up to an agreed level in the event of damage, theft or rent arrears.
There are no agent's fees involved and there are also a series of add-on services for landlords such as rent in advance, tenancy support and fast-tracking housing benefit.
You may also want to watch:
NHDC is now consulting landlords who have properties in the district to make sure the new service will meet their needs.
If you are a landlord and would like to know more about the consultation and the scheme, ring Sandra Mansell on 01462 474465 or email her on firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home