Incident after Boro game is handed to the police
- Credit: Archant
Ugly scenes marred the end of Stevenage’s loss to Dagenham and Redbridge after Ronnie Henry was alleged bitten.
After the final whistle, there was a melee of players on the pitch with Henry particularly irate.
Stevenage manager Graham Westley said: “It’s become a police matter so anybody in responsible position should let it be dealt with by the authorities. I’ll leave them to deal with it.”
He did say that Henry’s finger was ‘not in a good situation’ and defended his skipper’s reaction.
“He’s suffered quite a nasty injury,” he said. “Ronnie was in a state of shock. You don’t expect to go on a football pitch and lose your finger. Ronnie was horrified.
You may also want to watch:
“That’s what led to the scene at the end. There was clearly some nastiness going on.”
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright