Inaugural Enterprise Herts event in Letchworth hailed as ‘hugely successful’
- Credit: Archant
An inaugural event promoting entrepreneurs and small businesses has been hailed as “hugely successful”.
Enterprise Herts took place in Letchworth GC town centre for the first time on Friday and Saturday to celebrate the county’s creativity.
The event, organised by Garden Square Shopping Centre and backed by the Comet, saw stallholders descend on the shopping centre’s main square in Central Approach offering a wide range of goods and services to the paying public.
Enterprise Herts will make a return at the end of the month, with a final event planned for August.
“The weather was unfortunate but it didn’t stop us from having a hugely successful day and I am already looking forward to the next one,” said Garden Square Shopping Centre’s manager Paul Haynes.
“It was great to welcome so many creative people to the centre for an event enjoyed by customers and other traders alike.”
Letchworth GC resident Trevor Smith, who attended the event, said: “It was fun to see so many different and creative ideas available, many completely different and unique. It was an opportunity to buy items that you can’t find anywhere else and you know the money you spend is going straight to the local community.”
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 4 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 7 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 8 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Tens of thousands donated to charity by Hitchin-based construction company
The next event takes place on July 25 and 26, with many traders already signed up.
Suzie Rahman, who runs bath and body product specialists Lubbly Bubbly, attended last week’s Enterprise Herts and will make her return later this month.
She said: “It was a great opportunity to showcase my business to a wider audience. I reached many people who may have never discovered me through traditional channels and I am looking forward to attending again in July.”
Following the July showcase, the initiative will conclude on August 29 and 30.
For more information visit www.gardensquareshopping.co.uk