Improvements in risk prevention
RISKS in patient care are reducing at Lister Hospital. The East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust was assessed by the NHS Litigation Authority on 50 different standards in areas including child protection, the security and safety of patients areas, and s
RISKS in patient care are reducing at Lister Hospital.
The East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust was assessed by the NHS Litigation Authority on 50 different standards in areas including child protection, the security and safety of patients' areas, and staff training, during two separate inspections.
As a result of the big improvements in risk prevention in both general and maternity services, the Trust's insurance premium will be reduced by about £1.2m over the next three years.
The Trust's chief executive Nick Carver said: "We can use that money now for investing in patient care.
"Our latest assessment shows how much effort our staff go to so our patients receive safe and effective care while in our hospitals.
"This is the culmination of at least two years' hard work on the part of a wide range of clinical teams, for which the Trust is very grateful.
- 1 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 2 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 3 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 4 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 5 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 6 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 7 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 8 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 9 Why were they not at school? - a look at Hitchin's historical absence reports
- 10 'He was a good friend of Knebworth' - Knebworth House pays tribute to Bat Out of Hell singer Meat Loaf
"Improvements in how we manage clinical risks mean fewer patients and/or their families will pursue negligence claims against the NHS, as the quality of our services has become better over time."
To find out more about the NHS Litigation Authority and how it inspects clinical risk management in NHS Trusts, visit http://www.nhsla.com/RiskManagement/