Illusionist 5 Stevenage FC 0
AN illusionist was in Stevenage this afternoon (Friday) wowing the town’s youth football team as part of research for a TV documentary.
Magician Michael Gee, a Magic Circle member and friend of Derren Brown was in Stevenage checking out venues for a proposed TV pilot about the business.
The Londoner, who has performed at TV and music awards, wowing the likes of Barbara Windsor and Guns and Roses guitarist Slash, pulled out a bag of tricks for the Stevenage Youth FC squad who happened to be in Nando’s opposite possible flim venue Chicago’s on the Leisure Park.
Michael said he is keen to bring his work to places where people are not used to seeing his brand of close-up conjuring.
“I enjoy doing magic wherever I am, for everybody.”
You may also want to watch:
He added it was an exciting time to be in the business with a new generation of magicians.
“With the likes of Derren Brown, Paul Zenon and Dynamo, magic is certainly up and coming. The more magic that’s on TV the better it is for the magic fraternity. I’m happy to be involved, to be a part of magic’s exciting future.”
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
Revellers at Chicago’s will get the chance to see Michael work his magic tonight.