Illegal immigrant had five passports
AN illegal immigrant went to the same money shop in Stevenage three times but each time using a different nationality passport. And when Ovioliu Cirlig was arrested he was found to have another two fake passports and a fake driving licence, Luton Crown Co
AN illegal immigrant went to the same money shop in Stevenage three times but each time using a different nationality passport.
And when Ovioliu Cirlig was arrested he was found to have another two fake passports and a fake driving licence, Luton Crown Court heard.
Cirlig, 31, had his picture on Danish, Norwegian, Spanish, Belgian and Hungarian passports, said Nicholas Lobbenberg, prosecuting.
He added that on the third occasion Cirlig carried out a transaction at the shop staff put "two and two together" and alerted police.
You may also want to watch:
The other fakes were found at his home in Harrow.
Cirlig pleaded guilty to three charges of using a false instrument and three of possessing a false instrument.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
He was sentenced last Thursday to 21 months imprisonment and recommended for deportation.
William Noble, defending, said: "He came to this country illegally and was exploited by others. His arrest came as a relief and he welcomes being returned to Romania."
Judge Jeffrey Burke QC said: "Those who use false passports in current circumstances can expect nothing less than substantial prison sentences.