If you’re a disco diva, new romantic or simply enjoy strutting your stuff get down to a Stevenage charity’s retro-disco and help support a great cause!
- Credit: Archant
An award-winning Stevenage charity supporting individuals and their families to break free from addiction to drugs and alcohol is holding a retro party next week!
The well-respected Living Room charity is looking forward to throwing an even promising to transport revellers back to the 70s, 80s and 90s with their retro-disco party on Saturday, April 1.
The much-awaited occasion will be held at Timebridge Community Centre, Mobbsbury Way from 7.30pm to 11.30pm featuring the very best funk, rock, disco and pop from those memorable decades for music.
There will also be prizes for the best retro-fancy dress outfit, a mouth-watering retro buffet with snacks from the 70s and 80s, retro games, a licensed bar as well as a coffee and juice bar.
Living Room chief executive, Adrienne Arthurs told the Comet: “We’re putting on this event as a way of saying ‘thank-you’ to all our supporters and to people in our community.
“It will be a chance for everyone to end the working week with a great party and at the same time support our charity.
“If you like strutting your stuff to The Bee Gees, you’re a disco diva like Donna Summer, an 80s New Romantic like Duran Duran, or all you wanna do is have some fun like Cheryl Crow, then join us for a fab night out!”
- 1 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 2 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 3 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 4 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 5 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 6 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 7 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 8 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 9 Thousands set to bring out the bunting for Jubilee thanks to grant funding
- 10 Michelin-star chef to kick off Sea Change campaign with tasty seafood samples
Tickets are £12 per person, with retro buffet included. Visit The Living Room website www.thelivingroom.me.uk/events to buy tickets.
The Living Room’s charity shop, Revival, are based at 14 The Glebe, Chells Way, Stevenage – where you can pick up a large selection of retro-clothing on sale for those looking for wardrobe inspiration.
For more on the vital work The Living Room does in helping individuals and their families to break free from addiction to drugs and alcohol as well as eating disorders, self-harm, obsessive-compulsive behaviours, and gambling visit their website www.thelivingroom.me.uk.
You can also email volunteer support champion Mark Wiseman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 01438 355649.