Ian Stewart appears at Hatfield Remand Court charged with murder of missing Royston children’s author Helen Bailey
- Credit: Archant
The partner of missing children’s author Helen Bailey has appeared at court charged with her murder.
Ian Stewart, 55, who shared a home with Ms Bailey in Royston, appeared at Hatfield Remand Court this morning.
Mr Stewart who is originally from Letchworth, was re-arrested on Friday after a body was found by police at the couple’s home in Baldock Road.
He is charged with murdering the 51-year-old in Royston, on April 11 this year, perverting the course of justice by reporting Ms Bailey as missing to police, hiding her body and preventing lawful burial.
No bail application was made and Mr Stewart is due to appear before St Albans Crown Court on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Bailey was reported missing along with her Dachshund dog Boris by Mr Stewart on April 14, three days after she was last seen in public.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 8 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 9 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round