I can’t believe progress we’ve made since I’ve been here - Henry
Boro right-back proud of progress made
BORO right-back Ronnie Henry said he cannot believe that next season Stevenage will be plying their trade in League 1.
Henry has played more games for Boro - 281 starts, 11 substitute appearances - than anyone currently at the club and said after the game that the club has made great strides since he first pulled on the red and white.
“I can’t quite believe what’s happened,” Henry said. “I was sitting in the dressing room thinking ‘we’ve come a long way since I turned up here. We were in the Conference, we’ve had success in the FA Trophy, the play-offs where we didn’t quite make it last time, we beat Newcastle, we were promoted to League 2 and now to League 1, and it is all credit to the players and staff.
“(This promotion) means everything to me.
You may also want to watch:
“You always join a club and aim to, when you leave, leave them in a better position than when you joined, and I’m sure when I (eventually) leave the club it will be in a better position.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision