Husband charged with wife’s murder
A HUSBAND has been charged with murdering his wife after her body was found at the home they shared. Police were called to the semi-detached home of Derek and Carolyn Smith in Stanmore Road in Stevenage Old Town after a neighbour reported hearing noises o
A HUSBAND has been charged with murdering his wife after her body was found at the home they shared.
Police were called to the semi-detached home of Derek and Carolyn Smith in Stanmore Road in Stevenage Old Town after a neighbour reported hearing noises on Wednesday night last week.
The body of Carolyn, aged 40, was found the following morning with multiple stab wounds.
Her husband, 59, was arrested at their home and taken for questioning at Stevenage police station.
You may also want to watch:
He was charged with murder at Stevenage Magistrates' Court on Saturday where he said nothing other than to confirm his name, age and address.
Carolyn, who worked as a HR manager at Brocket Hall, Welwyn GC, for 14 years, was Smith's second wife.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 8 'Black history should be celebrated every month, not just in October'
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
Smith, a grandfather, is a salaried partner at Marcoe Electrical based at Brownfields in Welwyn GC.
He has been remanded in custody and will appear at Luton Crown Court for a plea and case management hearing on April 30.