Hunt for violent carjacking gang - driver threatened with metal bars
Police are on the hunt for a gang who threatened a man with metal bars, stole his car and then crashed it into a wall.
The incident happened in Stotfold on Saturday (June 2) when a 22-year-old man was driving his green S-reg Suzuki Grand Vitara along the High Street at a few minutes past midnight. A man flagged him down and asked directions to Arlesey, when the victim wound his window down to talk, the man leaned in, grabbed the car keys and then three other men appeared armed with metal bars.
They opened the car doors, jumped in and demanded money from him. At this point the driver managed to run away from the car and the four robbers drove off in it.
At about 2:30am the same morning, the Vitara crashed through the wall of a ground floor flat on the High Street, Henlow and two people were seen running away. Although the flat was unoccupied at the time, the occupants of other flats in the building had to be evacuated due to concerns over the building’s structure being unsafe.
The robbers can only be described as four white men, one was large built and all were wearing dark clothing.
Detective Constable, Andy Boston would like to hear from anyone who saw the incident at High Street, Stotfold, or at Henlow, or saw this vehicle at any point between the two incidents.
Det Con Boston can be reached on 01234 275340, or anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555111. You do not have to give your name but could still receive a cash reward by using the Crimestoppers number.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening