Hunt for three girls who saved man’s life
- Credit: Archant
A HUNT is on to find three quick thinking girls who saved a man from drowning.
The man was found lying in a stream in Hertford Road, Stevenage.
The East of England Ambulance service have said the girls who found him may have saved his life.
They alerted police, paramedics and firefighters as soon as they came across the man on Wednesday, just before 5.30pm.
Ambulance spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “We would really like to meet up with the girls who called for our service last week as their actions no doubt prevented the man deteriorating and possibly drowning whilst laying in the water.
“They quickly recognised that the man needed all three emergency services to attend and gave the exact and correct information which led us straight to the casualty. Their prompt actions have certainly saved the man’s life.”
The man was taken to Lister Hospital following the incident.
- 1 New date for Stevenage Marks & Spencer opening
- 2 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 3 Couple sentenced for theft and fraud after stealing from elderly victims
- 4 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 5 Bag a bargain for charity! £1.50 per kilo at air ambulance warehouse sale
- 6 Two boys arrested after police helicopter search
- 7 Seriously injured assault victim waited FOUR hours in ambulance outside Lister
- 8 Graffiti artist's NHS tribute in Stevenage underpass
- 9 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 10 Driver disqualified after admitting to drinking wine at the wheel
• Do you know who the good samaritans are? Get in contact by calling the Comet newsdesk on 01438 866200, or email firstname.lastname@example.org