Hunt for gang after brawl left man in critical condition
Detectives are hunting this group of men in relation to a street assault that left a man in a critical condition in hospital.
Officers are appealing for help to trace the men who they believe may have vital information about an attack on a 32-year-old Letchworth man on Station Place near The Colonnade pub on Thursday December 29.
Police said a row took place in the pub between two groups of men and one of these was asked to leave the premises. Shortly afterwards, at around 11.10pm the 32-year-old was hit and fell, causing serious head injuries.
He remains in Lister Hospital in a serious but stable condition.
Detective Sergeant Pete Hankins, investigating, said it was a “nasty incident” and called on the men, or anyone who knows them to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
“I am also keen to speak with anyone who may have been drinking in, or was in the vicinity of The Colonnade that evening around the time of the incident to call us. Any information you have, no matter how small or insignificant you think it may be, could greatly assist us.”
If you can help, call Sgt Hankins via the non-emergency number 101 quoting crime reference G2/12/35 or Crimestoppers in confidence on 0800 555 111. You do not have to give your name and you could earn a cash reward, police said.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket