Hundreds Walk in Support of Macmillan
MORE than 200 people took part in a sponsored walked on Sunday, to raise money for The Comet s Charity of the Year – Macmillan Cancer Support. It is hoped the annual event, which took place at Fairlands Valley Park in Stevenage, will have raised more than
MORE than 200 people took part in a sponsored walked on Sunday, to raise money for The Comet's Charity of the Year - Macmillan Cancer Support.
It is hoped the annual event, which took place at Fairlands Valley Park in Stevenage, will have raised more than �12,000 for the charity.
Participant Jackie Scales said: "I took part as a group of over 50 people. We did it last year and will continue to do it for as long as we can. We all get together in the memory of someone close to us and to help make a difference to other people's lives. We all had such a wonderful time."
Carla Poole, Macmillan's fundraising manager, said: "Sunday was such a successful day - everyone really enjoyed themselves and raised lots of money for Macmillan.
You may also want to watch:
"We would like to say a very big thank you to everybody who walked, all the volunteers we had on the day, Stevenage mayor Mick Patston and MP for Stevenage, Barbara Follett, for starting the walk and for encouraging her team to take part."
Activities throughout the afternoon included a live performance from The Boogie Woogie Boy, as well as face painting and games for all the family.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 5 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
Participants are asked to submit their sponsorship money before June 30 to be entered into a free prize draw.
For other ways to get involved with Macmillan, call the Hertfordshire fundraising team on 01438 712012.