Hundreds gather in Hitchin town centre for #SCOUTitOUT
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of young people gathered in Hitchin town centre at the weekend in a tremendous show of support for the scouting movement in North Herts.
The occasion was part of an event called #SCOUTitOUT which took place in Market Place on Saturday and saw new Hitchin MP Bim Afolami attend.
Scores of eager participants took part in the free adventurous activities available including a zip wire along the High Street, a climbing wall, archery, and sumo fighting.
And many families later sat by the river in front of St Mary’s playing lawn games, while scouts ran stalls to fundraise for their next expedition.
Tony Hankin, Hitchin Scouts’ district commissioner, said: “I would like to thank Hitchin for supporting our #SCOUTitOUT event.
“The interest that has been shown in Hitchin scouting has been fantastic and a number of people have come forward to volunteer with us and support the young people of Hitchin.
“If anyone else wants to know more about what we do, please have a look at our website for more information.”
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 9 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
Hitchin Scouts is always looking for new volunteers – and whether it’s an hour a week or an hour a month, there’s a role that can suit the time you can give.
Visit www.hitchinscouts.org/volunteering for more information.