Hundreds gather in Hitchin town centre for #SCOUTitOUT
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of young people gathered in Hitchin town centre at the weekend in a tremendous show of support for the scouting movement in North Herts.
The occasion was part of an event called #SCOUTitOUT which took place in Market Place on Saturday and saw new Hitchin MP Bim Afolami attend.
Scores of eager participants took part in the free adventurous activities available including a zip wire along the High Street, a climbing wall, archery, and sumo fighting.
And many families later sat by the river in front of St Mary’s playing lawn games, while scouts ran stalls to fundraise for their next expedition.
Tony Hankin, Hitchin Scouts’ district commissioner, said: “I would like to thank Hitchin for supporting our #SCOUTitOUT event.
You may also want to watch:
“The interest that has been shown in Hitchin scouting has been fantastic and a number of people have come forward to volunteer with us and support the young people of Hitchin.
“If anyone else wants to know more about what we do, please have a look at our website for more information.”
- 1 Funeral organiser fined £10,000 after more than 150 people attend
- 2 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 3 Police attend Arlesey funeral after COVID-19 guidelines breached
- 4 Police confirm investigation into alleged Morrisons spitting incident
- 5 Abandoned car that made international headlines set to be scrapped
- 6 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 7 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 8 How many people in Stevenage were fined for breaking COVID-19 laws?
- 9 Hitchin Pride, Eat Alfresco and more - What's on in Hitchin when COVID-19 restrictions end?
- 10 Confirmation that Stevenage Five Guys restaurant is coming soon
Hitchin Scouts is always looking for new volunteers – and whether it’s an hour a week or an hour a month, there’s a role that can suit the time you can give.
Visit www.hitchinscouts.org/volunteering for more information.