Hundreds gather in Hitchin town centre for #SCOUTitOUT
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of young people gathered in Hitchin town centre at the weekend in a tremendous show of support for the scouting movement in North Herts.
The occasion was part of an event called #SCOUTitOUT which took place in Market Place on Saturday and saw new Hitchin MP Bim Afolami attend.
Scores of eager participants took part in the free adventurous activities available including a zip wire along the High Street, a climbing wall, archery, and sumo fighting.
And many families later sat by the river in front of St Mary’s playing lawn games, while scouts ran stalls to fundraise for their next expedition.
Tony Hankin, Hitchin Scouts’ district commissioner, said: “I would like to thank Hitchin for supporting our #SCOUTitOUT event.
You may also want to watch:
“The interest that has been shown in Hitchin scouting has been fantastic and a number of people have come forward to volunteer with us and support the young people of Hitchin.
“If anyone else wants to know more about what we do, please have a look at our website for more information.”
- 1 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 2 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 3 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 4 Rewind: A mysterious corner shop killing that shaped the future of British policing
- 5 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 6 Patients sing praises of new Letchworth vaccine centre
- 7 Council tax to rise as Stevenage residents bear brunt of COVID-19 costs
- 8 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 9 Line-up set to be announced for Herts music festival's 15th birthday party
- 10 Stalker jailed after six month period that left victim 'powerless'
Hitchin Scouts is always looking for new volunteers – and whether it’s an hour a week or an hour a month, there’s a role that can suit the time you can give.
Visit www.hitchinscouts.org/volunteering for more information.