Hundreds attend Hitchin’s hugely successful festive family Christmas Lights Switch-On
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin’s Market Place became a family festive wonderland on Friday as the town’s Christmas lights were switched on.
Hundreds of revellers – both young and old – were present in the square to see the sparkling lights on the 25ft tall tree being turned on, to the joy of all assembled.
The crowds were entertained by Choir on Fire, Hitchin Allstars, and Covenant Praise Community Choir before the switch-on – with Hitchin’s rising musical star Alex Bay enthralling the crowds afterwards.
To add to the festive spirit, mulled win was available from Elsie Road cocktails as the evening also showcased the best of street food available in the are through many food outlets – including the popular Cantinas Carnitas and Toastielicious.
Town centre manager Keith Hoskins said: “We really were quite surprised at the large numbers of people who turned up.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s testament to the success of the event, and we hope to welcome everyone back to Market Place on Sunday, December 13, for our Gala Day.”
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 6 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit