Hundreds attend funeral of Stevenage murder victim
- Credit: Archant
HUNDREDS of mourners have paid their respects to murder victim Thomas Ward.
A funeral for the 21-year-old was held in Hatfield on Friday, six weeks after he was fatally shot on a caravan site in Dyes Lane, Stevenage.
Family and friends gathered for the service at St Peter’s Catholic Church from midday, including Thomas’ wife Theresa and his daughter Lilly, who was five days old when her father was killed on April 23.
A banner on the outside of the church, bearing pictures of Thomas, read: ‘World’s greatest’.
Investigations into Thomas’ death continue, and detectives want to speak to his second cousin John Boy Ward and his pregnant wife Joleen Josie Ward about the murder.
You may also want to watch:
An appeal for information was aired on BBC One’s Crimewatch on May 30, featuring CCTV footage of John Boy and cars the police are searching for.
A reward of up to £5,000 is also being offered by Crimestoppers to anyone who provides the independent charity with information leading to the arrest and conviction of anyone linked to the incident. You can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 8 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 9 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 10 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts